Our Tourist Information Centre currently classified “category III” belongs to the network of the Tourist Information Centres of France.
For this, we are committed to:
- Provide an easily accessible reception and information space.
- Facilitate your procedures.
- Give information on the local tourist offer.
- Display our opening hours in at least one foreign language.
- Be open at least 120 days a year (Saturday and Sunday in the high season)
- Reply to your emails year-round.
- Provide a permanent reception service run by staff who speak at least one foreign language.
- Ensure the supply of tourist maps, maps and tourist guides.
- Give you access to our bilingual website.
- Give out documentation translated in at least one language :
To all classified tourist accommodation including at least the name of the establishment, postal address, email, website address, telephone number, level of classification;
Cultural, natural or leisure monuments and tourist sites which may include the indication of fees, periods and opening hours to the public, the website and telephone and postal contact details;
Events and entertainment;
Emergency phone numbers.
- Update tourist information annually.
- Post emergency telephone numbers outside.
- Process your complaints and measure your satisfaction.
- Have a tourist advisor available
- Guarantee the reliability and timeliness of information on the local tourist offer.
Update the data on the tourist offer in our geographic area of intervention.